When you want to play a musical instrument, do you often learn about them before buying it? And if you know what kind should go with you, the material and how to play effectively. If you wanted to play Ukulele, the following article will give you the information needed to effectively playing ukulele. Also, to choose the best ukulele for beginners, you have to take into consideration about some criteria. Do not neglect any information if you want to play it properly and effectively.
The Types Of Ukulele
- Soprano Ukulele: It is approximately 21 inches (53 cm) long. This is a small ukulele and the most popular with 12 to 15 keys. The Soprano frets are quite narrow, close together, so players, who have big hands, will not suit this kind. Ukulele is known for funny sounds because of small Soprano, it may create resonant sounds and most vivid. Often winding with G C E A or A D F # B.
- Alto Ukulele: about 23 inches long (58 cm): it is also known as Concert Ukulele with 15 to 20 frets. Soprano size is a little larger. The keys are also far larger and tension. Because the kind of ukulele has a large size, so the sound is fuller and more resonant. If you have big hands, it would be more appropriate with Alto Ukulele compared with Often winding with G C E A.
- Tenor Ukulele: approximately 26 inches (66 cm) long: A type of large ukulele has a fuller sound than Soprano and Alto and at least 15 frets. Because many frets, it has many more high notes. It is very suitable for the performances on stage. Often winding with G C E A.
- Baritone Ukulele: approximately 30 inches (76 cm) long, which is the largest kinds among ukulele to make the most sound and well rounded. It has more than 19 keys, which is suitable with those who play Blue music. If you want to hear the crisp and funny sound, then this is the perfect choice. Baritone is with often winding D G B E.
To get the peak performance, please choose the most suitable type among 4 ukulele categories, then you can concern another factors.
The Parts Of Ukulele
- Head: The place for Ukulele adjustment
- Tuning adjusters – Equalizer: it includes 4 sessions above, which are rotating in clockwise or counterclockwise to adjust the
- Neck (fretboard): The place where the keys and where you play chords and notes.
- Frets: The space is divided by a thin piece of metal or wood on the fretboard.
- Body: The place to create the sound echoes and sound hole in the middle.
- Saddle and Bridge: Place for holding the strings.
How To Play Ukulele
If you are chosen to be consistent with your zither and understand the parts of the ukulele, you can be more confident to play this interesting instrument.
Keep The Ukulele Right Way
If you are sitting, do not so tighten the Ukulele with the stomach and upper thighs. Hold Ukulele comfortably, and you should not put too much pressure on the body. If you are right-handed, put your thumb on the left hand side behind the neck to the other fingers to play chords and easy to change the key, use the right hand to pluck the strings. You should cut nail to avoid a collision when playing the strings and fretboard scratch.
Up Ukulele Strings
You can use the tuner or other tuning tools to adjust Ukulele strings. It will be precise when they shows G C E A, it means for 4 strings including G – Sol, C – Do, E – Mi, A – La. Keep ukulele correctly and look at the 4 wires. G wire is closest to you, the furthest string is A.
Learn The Chords
Chords is a combination of notes. It’s good if you know how to learn each chord in the chord chart, but you will quickly learn ukulele to get more fun if you play a song. Remember to choose a simple song to get started.
Relax your hands and slide your finger up, down to the strings. There are many ways for you to choose strumming through song. To practice, you can start with the method of plucked strings down, down, down, down and up, up, up, up.
Learn From Other Players
See how to play the ukulele from professional people. This helps you learn many methods you can play even more creative ideas.
Play The Ukulele From Your Heart
The sounds from ukulele will improve your spirits. Let’s play with emotions, put the heart and convey your feelings through music.